Validation Authority — Digital Signature Service (VA-DSS) is a type of software created based on the application made on the order of the European Commission to ensure the interoperability in the scope of electronic signatures. The current version of the application, integrated with the QR-CERT software, enables signing documents and verification of electronic signatures in the following formats: XAdES, PAdES and CAdES. The VA-DSS software working as a service is provided with a WebService interface, capable of:
- Putting electronic signatures
- Extending already applied electronic signatures
- Verifying the correct application of electronic signatures
Detailed VA-DSS functionalities:
- Support for multiple formats of signed files: XML, PDF, DOC, TXT, ZIP…
- Support for three basic signature structures: enveloping, enveloped and detached
- Support for signature formats: XAdES, CAdES, PAdES and ASiC
- Trust management
- Support for the use of OSCP and CRL lists
- Support for the use of TSL (Trust-service Status List)
- Development of the certificate trust path
- Settings regarding signature verification (validation policy)
- Signature verification in XAdES formats, in all types according to the applicable ETSI standards
- Verification of multiple signatures (parallel and countersignatures)
VA-DSS enables the verification of signatures applied in accordance with “ETSI TS 103 171 Ver. 2.1.1 (2012-03-01) Electronic Signatures and Infrastructures (ESI); XAdES Baseline Profile” on the LTA-Level compatibility level and lower, and is compatible with QR-CERT modules responsible for the verification of the validity of certificates in real time (OCSP) and time stamping (TSA). VA-DSS provides support for TSL lists in the scope of signatures verification and TSL lists verification, according to: “ETSI TS 102 231 V3.1.2 (2009-12) Electronic Signatures and Infrastructures (ESI); Provision of harmonized Trust-service status information”.
The implementation provided by our programmers has a simple and intuitive GUI which enables the performance of basic configuration operations. In addition, VA-DSS is compliant with the following standards:
- “Digital Signature Service Core Protocols, Elements, and Bindings Version 1.0, OASIS Standard, 11 April 2007” in the scope of XAdES format signatures verification
- “ETSI TS 102 853 V1.1.2 (2012-10) Electronic Signatures and Infrastructures (ESI); Signature validation procedures and policies” in the scope of XAdES format signature verification
- “ETSI TS 101 903 v1.4.2 (2010-12) Electronic Signatures and Infrastructures (ESI); XML Advanced Electronic Signatures (XAdES)” in the scope of XAdES signatures verification in the XAdES-X-L format
- “ETSI TS 101 903 v1.4.2 (2010-12) Electronic Signatures and Infrastructures (ESI); XML Advanced Electronic Signatures (XAdES)” and “Advanced Electronic Signature Profiles of the OASIS Digital Signature Service Version 1.0, OASIS Standard, 11 April 2007” in the scope of XAdES-A format signatures.
The software also provides the possibility to use the hardware cryptographic modules (HSM) for the storage of private keys used to sign and accelerate the signing process. The communication with the HSM device is implemented in accordance with the PKCS#11 standard.